Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's Amore!!

While I was over at Michelle's house last week making our burlap wreaths, I saw that she had made some of the cutest frames. She is pretty creative and I love everything she comes up with, because you know, I have no creative talent at all. I just wait for her to make something and copy it. Anyhow, when we got together yesterday, I brought over all my supplies to make my own. I have to say it was very easy to make these. You just start with this stuff...



And in no time at all, you end up with these:



On the X and O frames, I used small, clear marbles that were flat on one side. The glue is strong enough to hold regular marbles, but I just had visions of them all falling off and making such a huge racket during the night and scaring me half to death, that I opted for the flat sided ones instead. I will warn you that if you've never used this glue, it smells very strong.

I also made this heart one. I accidentally made the heart a little too close to the bottom of the frame. Nothing a little ribbon tied in a bow at the top couldn't fix once I got home.



I think this might have looked much better with smaller marbles, but I couldn't find any in the same shade of red, and I really wanted this color. Overall I like how they all turned out. Plus, when my kids saw them, they asked if I could do a frame for their rooms with their initials! I can't wait to get started!
 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers