Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Busy, busy, busy!!

Has it really been 2 weeks since I posted last? Well, between my computer acting up, being sick (for days at a time), and then going out of town for Thanksgiving, it's no wonder. I'm back now and have been very busy, as I'm sure everyone has. Right before we left for Florida, to spend the holiday with my mother in law, I was trying to get the house in order so I wouldn't have to do it when I got back. While in the middle of drying my last load of laundry, my dryer broke. I hate that. I know it could've been worse and I could have been on my first load, but it still makes me mad. As I sit here typing, I am waiting for my new dryer to be delivered. I have sooo much laundry to do, I cannot even see my bedroom floor!

Also, I finally convinced my husband to move my oldest daughter's bed to my youngest daughter's room, which left my oldest daughter sleeping either with me, on the sofa, or the floor. The expense of the bed I knew we had coming, but NOT a new appliance. I'm also waiting for the bed to be delivered.

In addition to that, our two vans need new brakes. It seems that the Honda's (in my family anyway) always need brakes at the Christmas holiday!! Oh well. Enough complaining.

We had a nice trip to Florida. I spent most of my time in the car though, traveling back and forth between my in-laws and my parents house. Each year, me, my mom, my daughter and niece brave the crowds and cold and head out shopping. Early. This year, we started out at 4:30 and went to WM. The line was wrapped around the parking lot! There was even a woman selling Dunkin Donuts and coffee! Fortunately, we didn't have to wait long before they opened. I was able to buy what I was looking for, and hey, no one was trampled to death, so all in all, it was a success. Next, we went to Target and was there before it opened at 6am. Another line. It was crazy! There were people talking on the phone to people in other aisles telling each other what to buy! Again, I was able to get a bunch of stuff. Then it was off to the mall and then out for breakfast where we could sit and refuel. Some genious decided that there would be an annual "Turkey Run" at the Daytona Beach speedway. It's some old car show, and located directly across from the mall and a ton of other stores! We spent 30 minutes (I watched the clock) in the turn lane, just to get to Cracker Barrel!! We were starving and in no mood to wait the 30-45 minutes more just to be seated. So, I wandered around the store, where I spent more money on some really cute ornaments. We decided to brave Toys R Us before heading back home.

We drove home Saturday and spent Sunday putting away fall decorations and taking down the Christmas ones from the attic. Except for the lights, my kids decorated our tree last night. They did a pretty good job, too! Now if my cat would stay OUT of the tree, I'd be much happier!

No comments:

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers