Thursday, October 9, 2008

No phone service?

No wonder it's been quiet here. I haven't had home phone service for at least 3 days now. It's kind of nice not having to answer the phone, especially when it's just going to be for your daughter anyways. Although when you're waiting for over 15 people to RSVP to a birthday party that you have coming up THIS WEEKEND, it's rather difficult. I mean, how many kids am I supposed to plan for? Hopefully the phone will be restored soon.

This past Sunday I went to my first Stampin Up club. We meet once a month and make some really cute things. I always have a good time getting together with some nice ladies who share the same hobby as myself. Whenever I talk about scrapbooking or stamping, my husband gets this glazed look over his eyes, like he's trying to mentally will himself in front of the television to watch the baseball game. I know he's pretending to listen to be polite, but it's really nice having the conversations with women who get it. Anyhow, this month I got to be the hostess! Yay!! I didn't order hardly anything, mostly used my credit. But I can't wait for everything to get it so I can play with it all.

The rest of the week has been the typical chaos at home. I am almost done organizing my scrapbook room. I'd really like to paint it and add shelves, but for now I will keep it as a dining room. I like staying busy, but today I had a terrible migraine. I don't get them often, but when I do, it's awful. I wanted to just lie down and sleep it off in the dark, but my kids wouldn't let me. Naturally. That's alright. Someday they'll have children of their own and...WAIT! Oh my God! I sound just like my mother!!

I am going to Wrapper's Delight in November. It's a weekend thing in Alabama where you can scrapbook for over 36 hours straight. I am really looking forward to it. I signed up for the secret santa swap and yesterday I received "my person". Armed with everything she had written down on her wish list, I went shopping. I had a lot of fun browsing the stores today looking for just the right things to buy her. I hope she enjoys them. I have to send out one more package this month and then I can meet her at WD. It's going to be a blast!!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Hi Carol,

I just wanted to answer your question from my blog. If you check out Episode #4 of my videos I demonstrate how to unmount your woodmounted stamps to use with acrylic blocks.

Hope that helps!
Robyn
www.thepinkstamper.blogspot.com

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers