Thursday, September 11, 2008

Proud to be an American

Do you remember?
Do you remember where you were and what you were doing?
I do. I remember thinking what is this world coming to? My children have to live in a world that does this to each other! It's makes me so sad.

I finally saw the movie United 93 a couple of days ago. It was a good movie, but for the last few seconds until the credit start to run, you just sit there. Silent. You realize that it's non fiction and your eyes fill with tears. My cousin's husband was scheduled to be on that flight. However, because his son's birthday is today, he changed his flight and took the last one home on the evening of the 10th so he could be there for his son. Because he was across the country on business, his company had made all his travel arrangements. They were not aware that he made any changes. The phone rang early at their house, because it was thought Jim was on board, and had died. Thankfully, her family avoided a horrible tragedy. Unfortunately, not everyone was so lucky.

I just watched a few videos on You Tube of the attacks. It still makes me sick. It's like a train wreck. You know what the outcome is going to be, but for some reason you cannot turn away. I only hope that in each plane, before the crashes, God took the souls of those on board and brought them home to Him. How else could He let this happen to so many innocent victims?

As my daughter and I were on our way to soccer practice tonight, I heard the song "Proud to be an American". It always gives me chills, brings a tear to my eye and makes me sing it out loud. I am so proud at the way this country rallied around each other, and looked out for each other after the attacks. Thank God for the job our military does to protect us all from ever having to experience September 11, 2001 again. I am so glad to be an American.

1 comment:

Michelle Whitlow said...

That song gives me chills every time, too!

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers