Sunday, September 14, 2008

I didn't break anything!!

Today was such a busy day for me. Tonight, I had my first soccer game in over 20 years. I know that we are out there to have fun, but I was really nervous that I was going to mess up. We lost, but I consider the game a total success, because my goal was to leave with all my bones intact. And it worked! I didn't break anything at all!! I did flip over our goalie though. I was running and couldn't stop, so when she went down, I went right over her! I was fine, but I accidentally hurt her neck. I felt terrible. I watch my kids play and try to offer them advice on what to do to help their game. However, when it comes time for me to play, I found out real quick that it's harder than it looks. My kids wanted to come and watch, but in the end no one did. It doesn't bother me, especially since I didn't play very much. Our team has the same players every year, with only a couple of us "newbies". Naturally, he put the girls he knows in a whole lot more than us. Our team doesn't practice, so I guess he's just feeling us out to see what we have for skills. Anyhow, I downed about 64 ounces of water in less than 2 hours. I certainly got my workout tonight. This might prove to be great for weight loss!! Here's hoping.

This afternoon I went to my friend Michelle's Stampin Up! open house. Fun, fun, fun!! It was nice getting together with other women that enjoy the same hobby and just talking and creating. The hard part is deciding what to buy. I want it all! I wish I was better at it though. Some people are just so talented. Life's not fair. *sniff, sniff*

1 comment:

Michelle Whitlow said...

Hey, congrats on keeping all your bones intact!! BTW, don't worry about card making talent. Just learn a very important word ~ "scraplift" aka "case" aka copy!!

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers