Sunday, August 15, 2010

Back to School

Well, last week school started around these parts.  Against my wishes, all 4 of my kiddos started back.  I was really, really hoping to home school the 2 oldest this year.  However, it didn't work out.  It was a good thing that I requested teachers for them in the event that they went back to school.  They each got the teachers we wanted.  Maeve didn't want to go back to school, unless she could return to preschool and have her old teacher and friends with her.  Sweet, huh?  Once she realized that all the kids were moving on, she was better about it.  She has a super nice teacher this year.


Unfortunately, she was sick on the 2nd and 3rd day of school.  Poor baby woke with a high fever and spent the next few days in my bed with me.  Hopefully I won't come down with whatever she had!  In the end, she was able to return to class on Friday and much to her dismay, come home with a bunch of make up work to be completed and returned tomorrow!!  In typical Maeve fashion, she met a little girl in class named Olivia.  She asked her if she was a pig!  Oh my.  I hope the girl watches the cartoon with the pig bearing her name and doesn't think Maeve is just a brat!  This is going to be a fun year.  I can tell.  Declan has a teacher this year who is practically a saint!  (I say that now, at least)  He has not had the best school experience these last two years.  And that is putting it mildly.  This year, we are determined to make it better.


Seriously, how sweet does she look?  I hope she is ready for him!!  Aidan started grade six this year over at the Intermediate school he was in last year.  He has a fantastic teacher also.  However, he has already had one small project due!  So much for easing into things.  I know he's wishing he was home schooled also.  I couldn't get any pictures of him and his teacher, but did manage to get him to stand still with his younger siblings.


Can't you just feel the love?  Last but not least is Aislinn.  She started over at the middle school.  She did get the team she wanted, but has come home complaining that none of her friends are in any of her classes, the teachers give too much work, blah, blah, blah.  She certainly wishes she was home schooled!  Her school starts at 8am, but she has to be on the bus at 6:50!  Insane. 


Hopefully this will be a good year for her, too!

1 comment:

Michelle Whitlow said...

Great pics! And it'll be a good year, Maeve & Declan have *great* teachers...and I know from experience :)

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers