Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Welcome to Noah's Ark

  • I have a dog, Molly, who I love very much. She is a 3 year old, tri-colored beagle. I never really considered myself a dog person. I'm more of a cat person. Not much needs to be done with a cat. Fresh food and water daily and if you have an indoor cat, change the liter box before it becomes offensive and provides you with dirty looks and such from your precious feline. I always remember these things when it is cold and raining and I have to walk Molly. I just lost my cat in September after almost 14 years. I told myself that I didn't want to get another cat and go through the pain of losing another animal. About 8 months ago I found a little kitten. She is a cutie. My husband didn't even want to look at her and told me to take her to the humane society. I did and they wouldn't take her! I thought that was the whole point of the humane society! Apparently not. I was sent to the pound, where after filing out paperwork stating that the kitty was a stray and not mine, I was free to go, sans cat. Well, on my way out, I asked them what would happen to little kitty. They said that it would be put to sleep!! Not sure why I had to fill out paperwork when they were just going to kill it, but anyhow, I left. My husband called me before I even made it to the end of the road to see what happened. When I told him the kitty's fate, he told me to go back and get it!! He's such a softie. It's now many months later and the kitty, which is a girl, is ours. Her name is Gypsy. Fitting since we tried unsuccessfully to find her a home. That's not all. In April, I came home with Maeve, and what runs up next to me, but a dog. A male dog. A cute, male, Beagle dog. He hasn't left. He's an outdoor dog. We found out very quickly that if you leave him outside overnight, he sits on my front porch and howls. This is no fun for anyone inside the house who is trying to sleep at 4am. We have taken him to the vet to see if he has a chip, scoured the papers and internet for his owner, but have had no luck. So, we've named him Murphy and had him get his shots. This way if he bites one of my kids, we're covered. This brings us up to May. I come home from running errands (I'm beginning to think I shouldn't leave the house) and find 2 feral cats in my driveway. Fortunately, they took off so I don't have to take care of them too!

No comments:

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers