Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Birthday (to ME!!)

Today I am 39. Next year I start counting backwards. I remember when I was a wee lass I told a friend of mine that I wanted to be dead before I turned 40, because, ya know, I did NOT want to get old! Of course, I also wanted to have all my teeth pulled out so I didn't have to deal with any root canals, bridges, etc. I've given up on those thoughts. 40 isn't looking so bad after all. But next year I'm still counting backwards. :)

All in all I had a pretty nice day. I slept in for starters!! Since it is so blasted HOT outside, we opted to go to dinner instead of lunch. I was really in the mood for Thai food. The kids have never had it, so we left early and figured if they sat still and let Joe and I eat, we would happily pull into Burger King for them when we were done. Much to my surprise, they tried everything! Maeve really didn't like anything except the bread, but Declan ate all the satay chicken, tried a spring roll and the curry chicken. And since Maeve filled up on bread and bites of the other food, I didn't even need to go to BK! We did run into Petland so they could play with some puppies though. I love that you can take them into a little area to play with them. An 8 week old Beagle is just precious I tell ya! Maeve wanted to see the rats and mice. (what's wrong with my girl?) Declan was all about the dogs.

Tonight, I am packing up my scrapbook stuff. In the morning I am headed to Helen, GA with my friend, Michelle. We are meeting up with some of the women I used to scrapbook with before I moved to the country. I haven't seen them in almost 3 years! I can't wait to go. I will be back on Sunday night with, I hope, lots of completed pages. ((Thanks, Joe!!!)) Until then...

No comments:

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers