Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Get out and VOTE!!

This morning I voted. I heard that the polls were opening up at 6:30 this morning, so I got up early and headed out. I took my 3 oldest kids with me so they could see how it works. At first they were really excited, but then when they realized they had to stand in line and wait, it got old fast! (Apparently the doors open at 6:30, but you can't vote until 7am.) I brought my kids to the booth with me and when I inserted my card, the ballot popped up. I showed them what it looked like and all of them tried to push the button for who they wanted! Each of them wanted to know who I was voting for. I don't tell that to anyone. That's the great thing about a secret ballot. It's SECRET!! I don't even tell my husband who I vote for. Anyhow, in line my youngest was trying to get me to tell him. He was asking me if the candidate I wanted was white or black! Kids can be so funny sometimes. Well, get out and do your civic duty ~ VOTE!!

No comments:

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers