Thursday, July 9, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!

Yes, I know it's technically the 9th. I like to be fashionably late. This year for the 4th, I drove down to Florida to pick up my two oldest kids who were staying at their grandparents' houses. I made great time driving there. I mean, there was NO ONE on the roads! It was great and I actually enjoy driving by myself. I can have the radio up as loud as I want, sing without anyone telling me to stop, etc.
Anyhow, I picked up my son, visited with my MIL for an hour, then got back in the car for the hour and half ride to my parents house. They live at the beach, so we get a great view of the fireworks over the ocean. Instead of going up to the roof like in prior years, we went to the beach instead. It was amazing!! I found a fireworks setting on my camera (thanks, mom!) and got about 100 pictures. Some were good, some were not. Here's me and my kids. It's starting to get dark and the wind was blowing.



My parents. I am sure they are thrilled to have their house back to themselves. Pretty soon they will be heading up to Cape Cod for a month. I wish I was going, too!!



Some fireworks. They were going off all over the place. It was hard to know where to look!







After everything ended, we had a nice downpour! Fortunately, we made it back to the condo right before the rain started. Naturally, I stayed up too late talking, and was really tired in church Sunday morning. Luckily, I managed to stay awake the entire drive home, which this time was LOADED with traffic. Figures.

No comments:

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers