Thursday, May 28, 2009

A Fair Trade

Is summer vacation over yet? My kids are bored. Do they even see the big whole in the backyard filled with water? It's called a swimming pool. Do they even see the trampoline or swing set? Nope, not interested. They'd rather watch TV all day long!! What's the matter with kids these days? (OMG - my mother's voice just came out of my mouth!!) We used to stay out all day long, and even when it was dark out, we came inside to change into dark clothes to play flashlight tag. Of course, we also walked to school, barefoot, in the snow, uphill, both ways.

My 10 year old taught himself a new trade today! He can, with a mere paperclip, pick a lock. Now that's a trade you can take to the bank. As a matter of fact, if he did, he could pick the safe, and maybe we would have a few extra dollars laying around to do some really fun stuff! Hmmm... Anyhow, he was so proud of himself. Kinda brings a tear to my eye.

Speaking of extra money, I saw online that there is still an unclaimed powerball ticket, for over a quarter of a million dollars. What are they waiting for? The article went on to say that more money brings more headaches, and that the winners have such a hard time, yada, yada, yada. Listen, if more money gives you a headache, feel free to send it my way! I won't have any problems at all. Apparently whoever said money doesn't buy happiness, doesn't know where to shop. Or where I live.

No comments:

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers